Coach Programs include the following:
• Parent Program Leader Training
• Family Overview Presentation
Parent Program Leader Training
for School Counselors
This program trains school counselors to facilitate the Open Circle Parent Program, a five-session workshop for parents in your school community. The Parent Program introduces concepts, approaches, and vocabulary that children are learning in Open Circle. It also helps families reinforce Open Circle concepts at home and integrate them into effective parenting techniques. Participants learn the structure and activities of the Parent Program and how best to facilitate it. They also explore successful strategies for encouraging parents to participate.
Participation in this program includes:
- Three 2-hour sessions of training and consultation
- Implementation of the first Parent Program workshop in your school concurrent with your training
- Open Circle Parent Program Leaders' Manual for each participant
- Two DVDs for use in facilitating the Parent Program
- 12 copies of the Parent Program Workbook
- 6 Professional Development hours or Continuing Education Units
Who Should Attend
This program is for school counselors, psychologists, social workers and family outreach coordinators. Although the Parent Program is educational in nature, emotional issues can emerge in parenting groups. Therefore, we suggest that applicants have:
- Training in school psychology, counseling or social work
- Knowledge about group dynamics and family issues
- Prior experience working with parents in groups
- Familiarity with the Open Circle Curriculum, but prior Open Circle training is not required
Trainings are from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Stone Center Solarium at Wellesley College
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 ___ _
October 8, 2013 November 19, 2013 December 17, 2013
$430 per person
How to Apply
Print the Parent Program Leader Training Application Form (PDF) & send via:
Fax: 781-283-3717 or Email: email@example.com
Family Overview Presentation
for Parents, Guardians and Caregivers
This 90-minute presentation provides an introduction to the Open Circle approach, practices, and vocabulary. It can be tailored to include specific examples of how Open Circle is used in your school. Participants receive a booklet with resources for reinforcing Open Circle at home. This presentation is ideal for PTO meetings or other parent gatherings.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for parents, guardians and caregivers of children at schools using Open Circle.
How to Register
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-283-3277.